REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR ALL 2023 GROUPS
YOU, on the Camino de Santiago!
Can you imagine yourself walking the ancient pilgrimage trail to Santiago de Compostela, exploring the towns, villages, and cities of northern Spain, and meeting people from all over the world?
Can you see yourself walking for hours each day, immersed in the inner solitude of your own heart and mind as you move through the beautiful outer landscapes?
Your dream of walking the Camino can become a reality . . .
With the “Just Get Me Started” Camino program!
The program is perfect for people who want to walk the Camino Francés pilgrimage route, from Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, to Santiago de Compostela, with a little help getting started from someone who has walked the path before.
I have been walking the Camino since 2005, and it took me years to figure out the right gear, the best way to pack, where and more importantly – when – to find food – all the what-how-why-where. And one of my hardest won lessons was how to walk the Camino in a way that honored my needs and wants, rather than walk it the way everyone else was doing it.
Since 2013 I have led 13 small groups from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Pamplona, sharing what I have learned and bearing witness to the journeys of dozens of first-time pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago.
I would love to help you find your way to get started on the Way!
Do you know you don’t need or want a guide the entire way, but perhaps some assistance getting going and a small group to start out would really help?
Are you wondering how you get from “Yes, I want to do this!” to your first steps on the trail? Well . . . one step at a time. The question is, what are those steps?
Are you feeling a bit nervous about the idea of starting off and walking the Camino on your own, alone? Are your family and friends more than a bit nervous about the idea?
How do you make sure you’ve got the right gear, the right clothes, and the right boots? The best flights, great places to stay, and a budget that works?
Are you not sure how to get the most out of what may very well be a once-in-a-lifetime experience? How do you be sure you don’t miss any of the good stuff along the Way? You know, how do you tame that fear of missing out?
I created this program to answer all these questions, to simplify the getting-started process, and to give you the peace of mind of knowing you’re not heading up that first mountain alone. In other words, to get you off on the right foot – or feet – for your walk across Spain.
Here’s the view from the top of the planning mountain – in other words, what you will get with this program:
Expert advice and guidance to get ready for your Camino walk
Personalized planning to get you to your starting point
A guide with you for the first five days on the trail – just long enough to get started confidently on your Way!
On-trail support via text and email
A fun and friendly group of fellow pilgrims before you even take your first steps on the Camino
Everything you need to get started on your own unique Camino experience, all in one place.
And here are the dates we will be on the Camino in 2023:
May 16-20 (or 18-22, TBD)
WHEN WILL YOU WALK THE CAMINO?
Ready to say YES! let’s do this, sign me up! ?
Click the button below and I will send you the registration information so you can get started on your unique Camino journey.
Are you thinking, “Wow, this looks great! But I’ve got some questions.
Click this button and let’s talk about your Camino dreams and plans.
You can do this! Let’s get started together.
Now that you’ve seen the view from the top of the planning mountain, let’s look at the ground-level view: what you will actually be getting with this program and with the group you join.
Each group meets in Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, and walks together to Pamplona, Spain. Once we reach Pamplona, you are free to continue independently (without your guide), with your new pilgrim friends, to Santiago de Compostela or wherever you would like to stop. If walking all the way to Santiago isn’t in the plan and you want to finish your walk in Pamplona or another spot along the trail, you are welcome to join us, too.
Here it is, all of it!
- Enjoy the experience of sharing the first five days of your Camino journey, from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Pamplona, with a group of no more than 10 pilgrims, accompanied by an experienced guide
- Join the weekly Zoom calls with me and the group beginning three months before your start-walking date
- Soak up the guidance and assistance with planning your travel to and from the trail
- Connect with the other pilgrims in a private Facebook group where I answer your specific questions and you share and learn from each other
- Collect tips, tricks, and tools for preparing and planning your walk, in written and audio formats, including:
- A detailed training plan to get you ready for the physical challenges of the walk
- A guide for managing money and important documents in Spain
- Suggestions for selecting and using guidebooks and apps and how to use them to plan your day-to-day stages
- Recommendations for how to pack for your unique Camino experience
- Tips for selecting and using the right gear for you
- Practical methods for communicating with home and within Spain and France
- Ideas for how to record your journey
- Trail-tested ways for staying safe and secure while traveling and walking
- Advice on how to prevent and handle problems
- Questions for reflection to use throughout the entire journey, from the moment you say Yes! to the return to your after-walking life
Want more details? This is the place.
Here are those 2023 dates again:
Here is the 2023 Cost:
$935 per person
What’s included: everything listed above plus . . .
- Welcome dinner in Saint Jean Pied de Port on Day One
- On-trail support via email and WhatsApp
- Follow-up phone or Zoom call once you return home
What’s not included:
- Travel and accommodations expenses
- Meals, beverages, snacks (except for the Welcome dinner)
- Incidentals including admission fees, phone, baggage transport
- Travel insurance (required) and medical care (if needed)
Wondering why these things aren’t included? Find out here.
Ready to say YES! let’s do this, sign me up! ? “This is exactly what I’ve been looking for, exactly what I need to confidently get started and walk the Camino. The dates look great and I’m ready.”
Is that you? Then click the button below and I will send you the registration information and get you started on your unique Camino journey.
Are you thinking, “Wow, this looks great! But I’ve got some questions. I’m not sure yet which dates will work for me, and there are a few other things I need to know before saying YES!”
If that’s you, click this button and our next step will be to set up a Zoom or phone call to talk about your Camino dreams and plans.
Another Message From Nancy
Hey pilgrim! I am happy to answer any questions you have about the “Just Get Me Started” groups. Please email me: email@example.com or click on the LET’S TALK button above. (If you send me an email, be sure to add this email address to your contacts, to ensure you get my response.)
I will get back to you by email within one business day. If you haven’t heard from me, it means I am traveling or the email wandered off course (in that case, please write again!)