Terms & Conditions – “YOU on the Camino” Group
Please review the following terms and conditions for the “YOU on the Camino” group program. To accept these terms, click on the blue button at the bottom of the page to continue to the Registration Form.
When you agree to participate in the “YOU on the Camino” program (herein referred to as “Camino program” or “Camino group”), your agreement is with Nancy Reynolds of Rohnert Park, California, USA, who will be acting as a guide for you and a group of up to 10 people on the Camino Francés in Spain.
Nancy agrees to provide the following:
- Assistance and advice in pre-travel planning to prepare you to complete your travel reservations and to walk the Camino Francés as an independent walker. Communication is via email and Zoom.
- Meeting your train, bus, or taxi in Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, on Day One of your Camino program.
- Informational sessions on topics related to walking the Camino Francés from Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, to Santiago de Compostela, France. Sessions are conducted on Zoom, and recordings will be made available following each session.
- Walking tours of Saint Jean Pied de Port, France and Pamplona, Spain.
- Accompaniment on the Camino trail from Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, to Pamplona, Spain.
- An atmosphere of fun, empowerment, and encouragement, and a commitment to your successful pilgrimage.
- Any additional services not fully described here but found on the website www.thecaminoexperience.com
Program participants agree to the following:
- Participants are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel from their homes to Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, and then back from their completion point on the Camino Francés.
- Participants are responsible for all expected and unexpected expenses related to walking the Camino, including but not limited to food, lodging, incidentals, transportation, luggage transport, and medical needs.
- Participants are required to purchase travel insurance that covers trip cancellation and interruption, loss of personal belongings, medical expenses, and repatriation.
- Participants are responsible for arranging all legal documents required for travel in the European Union, including visa, passport, and evidence of COVID-19 vaccines and testing.
- Participants must be ambulatory and in sufficient health to complete the strenuous passage over the Pyrenees mountains.
- Participants must be able to communicate in English.
- Upon arrival in Pamplona, participants agree to continue independently on the Camino or to another destination of their choice.
The Camino program itinerary includes the crossing of the Pyrenees Mountains. Participants must have sufficient health to complete this journey. A full medical examination is recommended to confirm your physical ability to complete the Camino Francés.
The Camino traverses a variety of forest and wilderness terrain and can include crossing creeks and rivers and walking on motorways with vehicular traffic. In addition, the weather is subject to change at any time, and dangerous conditions may exist. Participants are responsible for their own safety while participating in the Camino program, while traveling to their starting point and from their ending point, and for the duration of their Camino journey, including while walking or cycling, using public transportation (planes, trains, buses, taxis, etc.), and staying in accommodations. Further, participants are responsible for having the appropriate clothing and gear for the walk. Participation is at your own risk.
Information and advice provided by Nancy is based on the experience of walking multiple times on the Camino Francés and is shared in the spirit of goodwill. You take all information and advice at your own risk and are expected to exercise common sense in planning and executing your Camino walk.
The itinerary and order of events may change at any time, due to weather, trail conditions, acts of God, availability of accommodations, or the dynamics and needs of the group.
Start Date / Injury / Illness
The start date of your Camino program will not be changed due to a participant’s delayed arrival to Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, regardless of the cause, and including cancelled or delayed flights, missed connections, immigration problems, illness, or injury. If a participant is delayed and cannot begin their Camino program with the group, he or she may join their group in progress at any point. If this happens, Nancy will do everything possible to deliver any missed content of the Camino program.
While with their Camino group, participants are required to follow any COVID-19 protocols dictated by authority of the governments of France and Spain. If a participant tests positive for COVID-19 while with their group, he or she will be required to isolate per the guidelines of the host country. If a participant becomes injured and cannot complete the Camino program with their group, he or she must continue independently, or he or she may return to the Camino in the future to join another scheduled Camino program. In either of these cases, Nancy will assist with arranging any care needed but cannot remain with the walker to supervise the care.
A deposit of $300 is due at the time of booking. Payment in full is due 90 days before the start of your Camino program. For bookings made less than 90 days before the start of your Camino program, payment in full is due at the time of booking.
If your final payment is not received by 90 days before departure, your place in the Camino program may be given to someone on the program waiting list. In this event, your deposit of $300 will be forfeited.
Payments are made using PayPal. Participants must have a PayPal account and agree to provide the associated email address. For bookings made more than 90 days in advance of the Camino program start date, Nancy will send two invoices, one for the deposit and one for the final payment. You can also request to pay in full at the time of booking. For bookings made less than 90 days in advance of the tour program start date, Nancy will send one invoice for the complete amount of the program fee. Note that your booking is not complete and your place in the Camino program is not assured until the deposit is received.
For payments originating in currencies other than US dollars, current currency exchange rates will apply, as assigned by your bank. In addition, PayPal and your bank may charge additional fees for the foreign currency transaction. These fees (typically 1- 3% of the transaction) are assumed by the participant and are not deducted from the cost of your Camino program.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you cancel at least 90 days before the start date of your Camino program, you will receive a refund of all fees paid except for $100, which will be retained as an administrative fee. If you cancel less than 90 days before the start date of your Camino program, you will forfeit all fees paid.
If you are unable to participate in your scheduled Camino program, and you inform Nancy at least 30 days before the scheduled start date, you may make a one-time transfer of your payment and registration to another scheduled program date. If this happens, all payments made become non-refundable.
If you are due a refund, you will receive it via PayPal within 45 days of cancellation.
Once the program begins, any participant may choose to leave their Camino group and walk ahead or stay behind at any time and for any reason. However, there are no refunds of the program fee in this case.
Phew, that’s it!
If you have any questions regarding these Terms & Conditions, please ask them before submitting your Registration Form: email@example.com
Submission of your registration form and deposit or payment-in-full indicates your agreement to these terms and conditions.