YOU, on the Camino de Santiago!
Is it your time to walk the Camino? Join a “Just Get Me Started” group!
Here’s what you get:
Expert advice and guidance to get ready for your Camino walk
Personalized planning to get you to your starting point
A guide with you for the first five days on the trail – just long enough to get started confidently on your Way!
On-trail support via text and email
A fun and friendly group of fellow pilgrims before you even take your first steps on the Camino
Here are the dates we will be on the Camino in 2023:
When will you walk the Camino?
Everything you need to get started on your own unique Camino experience, all in one place.
You can do this! Let’s get started together.
The “Just Get Me Started” program is designed for people who want to walk the Camino pilgrimage from Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, to Santiago de Compostela, with a little help getting started from someone who has walked the path before. I have been walking the Camino since 2005 and have led 13 small groups from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Pamplona. I would love to help you get started!
Do you know you don’t need or want a guide the entire way, but perhaps some assistance getting going and a small group to start out would really help? Then consider joining our group . . .
Each group meets in Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, and walks together to Pamplona, Spain. Once we reach Pamplona, you are free to continue independently, with your new pilgrim friends, to Santiago de Compostela or wherever you would like to stop. If walking all the way to Santiago isn’t in the plan and you want to finish your walk in Pamplona, you are welcome to join us, too!
Here is what you get with this group:
- The opportunity to share the first five days of your Camino journey, from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Pamplona, with a group of up to eight pilgrims, accompanied by an experienced guide
- Weekly Zoom calls with your guide and group beginning three months before your start-walking date
- Guidance and assistance with planning your travel to and from the trail
- Private Facebook group for your specific Q & A
- Tips, tricks, and tools for preparing and planning your walk, in written and audio formats, including:
- A detailed training plan to get you ready for the physical challenges of the walk
- A guide for managing money and important documents in Spain
- Suggestions for selecting and using guidebooks and apps and how to use them to plan your day-to-day stages
- Recommendations for how to pack for your unique Camino experience
- Tips for selecting and using the right gear for you
- Practical methods for communicating with home and within Spain and France
- Ideas for how to record your journey
- Trail-tested ways for staying safe and secure while traveling and walking
- Advice on how to prevent and handle problems
- Questions for reflection to use throughout the entire journey, from the moment you say Yes! to the return to your after-walking life
Love the details? Find them all here.
Dates for 2023:
2023 Cost: $930 per person
What’s included: everything listed above plus . . .
- Welcome dinner in Saint Jean Pied de Port on Day One
- On-trail support via email and WhatsApp
- Follow-up phone or Zoom call once you return home
What’s not included:
- Travel and accommodations expenses
- Meals, beverages, snacks (except for the Welcome dinner)
- Incidentals including admission fees, phone, baggage transport
- Travel insurance (required) and medical care (if needed)
Wondering why these things aren’t included? Find out here.
I am happy to answer any questions you have about the “Just Get Me Started” groups! Please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org (I will get back to you by email within one business day. Please add this email address to your contacts, to ensure you get my response.)